Making Ends Meet

Assistance with Utilitites

Can I get any help paying my gas, electric, telephone and water bills?

There are financial assistance programs available to help low-income households with their utility bills.

The Department of Economic Security administers several different programs that help with utility deposits, payments, discounts, weatherization of homes, and some appliance repair and replacement. Contact the Department of Economic Security at their state-wide toll free number, (800)582-5706 for information about eligibility and application requirements. They can also help you locate other agencies and programs in your local area.



Did you learn something? - 3 votes


This website has been prepared for general information purposes only. The information on this website is not legal advice. Legal advice is dependent upon the specific circumstances of each situation. Also, the law may vary from state-to-state or county-to-county, so that some information in this website may not be correct for your situation. Finally, the information contained on this website is not guaranteed to be up to date. Therefore, the information contained in this website cannot replace the advice of competent legal counsel licensed in your jurisdiction.